- 1 1/4 c
- gluten free graham cracker crumbs or gluten free vanilla wafers
- 4 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/8 tsp
- 5 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 16 oz
- (2 large packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 3 large
- 2-3 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly grated lemon peel, optional
- 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice, optional
How to Make GF Vanilla Cheesecake
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F. To make the crust: Stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter. Press into the bottom and about 1/2" inch up the sides of an 8" x 8" square pan. Freeze for 10 minutes. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set; the color won't change much.
- 2Remove the crust from the oven and cool for a few minutes while you lower the oven temperature to 325°F. To make the batter: Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- 3Add the cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix. Spoon the batter into the crust. Bake the bars for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is set but still soft in the center. An instant-read thermometer, inserted into the filling about 1" in from the edge, will read about 180°F.
- 4Remove the bars from the oven, and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5You can top with fresh strawberries or blueberries if you like or garnish with a lemon.