GERMAN CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE - sallye
1 bar(4 oz) baker's german chocolate
1 cbutter, softened
2 cgranulated sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make GERMAN CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE - sallye
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
Grease and flour tube or bundt pan and set aside.
Preheat oven to 300º
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and heat for 10-15 seconds (just until partially melted). Set aside.
- Place softened butter in large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until fluffy.
Continue beating while you add the sugar gradually.
- Add eggs one at a time while you continue beating.
Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Continue beating as you add flour mixture and buttermilk gradually, beginning with flour and ending with flour.
- WHEW - ARE YOUR ARMS GETTING TIRED YET? YOU'RE ALMOST DONE ♥♥♥
- When flour and buttermilk have been well blended into butter mixture, turn beater down to low and gradually blend in chocolate.
- Transfer to pan and bake at 300º for about 1-1/2 hours (until toothpick stuck in densest part of cake comes out clean).
Let rest in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out onto serving dish.
#1 Option - want to coat with a glaze, an easy one follows.
#2 Option - if you want to serve "as is" with just ice cream, cover and let it cool completely before cutting.
- Easy glaze:
1/4 cup lemon or orange juice
1-1/2 cup sugar
Place in saucepan and heat over low temperature just until sugar is dissolved and mixture is well blended.
Pour over warm cake.