- store bought pound cake
- large container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pt
- fresh strawberries (or use frozen and thawed)
- 1 box
- strawberry jello
- new bathroom garbage can or large plastic canister
How to Make Garbage Can Cake
- 1Line garbage can or canister with plastic wrap. Make sure you overlap the edges well so the wet parts of the cake don't seep through. (This is why you should use a new CLEAN garbage can)
- 2Slice strawberries, slice pound cake thinly. Start layering strawberries, cake, and then a layer of whipped cream in the lined can. Repeat until all of these ingredients are gone and hopefully your last layer is cake. You should have plenty of room at the top of the can.
- 3In a bowl mix strawberry jello with only 3/4 the amount of water it calls for. Pour this into the can over the mixture. Cover the top of the cake loosely with plastic wrap and store in fridge overnight.
- 4The next day your cake is ready to unveil. Pull the cake out by the plastic and set on a pretty cake plate. Top with a sprig of mint and more whipped cream.