Funnel Fair time Cakes By freda
Just use your Basic Cream puff recipe, place this in a zip lock bag, Clip a corner of the bag, then in hot oil, you Pipe dough in a circle,squeezing gently, & ending with the end in the center of each cake.
Its just that simple.
Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
or variations of a powdered sugar glaze, & choc sprinkles, or even butterscotch ice cream topping and sprinkle with peanuts.
Oh and did I mention this next idea, you can Drizzle With Hot Fudge, Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, coconut & or Nuts.
The variations are limitless.
Have fun and enjoy making these treats.
Great with a morning Cup of Coffee or anytime. Best served While Still warm from the fryer.
How to Make Funnel Fair time Cakes By freda
- 1Heat Oil, Corn oil or Canola. Til tesing stage.
To Test Oil Temp:
Squeeze just a bit of dough in the hot oil to test the oil. If it sizzles, your good to go.
- 2Fill large Zip lock bag with Cream puff dough.
Clip corner of bag to use for Piping the Dough.
- 3In hot oil, Pipe in a circle ending with the tip in the center of the cakes. fry til golden brown on one side then flip over with a slotted spoon, cook till golden brown.
- 4Remove from oil onto paper towels to drain, while still warm ( But not HOT)dust with powderd sugar, and serve warm with coffee or your favorite glass of cold milk.
1. Drizzle with warm caramel topping, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
2. Drizzle with Hot Fudge Ice cream topping, Sprinkle with Chocolate Sprinkles, Nuts or Coconut.