FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE
6 ozwhite chocolate for garnish
1 c(2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cplus 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cplus 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cvery hot water
1/2 pt(8 oz.) heavy cream
10 1/2 ozsemisweet chocolate
How to Make FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Finely grate white chocolate onto a plate using a vegetable peeler. Chill until needed.
- Grease the base of two 8-inch round cake pans; line with parchment paper. Combine butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer set on medium, beat until smooth. Continue beating until increased in volume, about 2 minutes longer. Add the hot water and beat to incorporate, about 1 minute longer. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake cakes in a preheated 350-degree oven until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Leave cakes in pans to cool for 10 minutes. Then turn onto a wire rack. Peel off lining paper; let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat heavy cream just to a boil. Break chocolate into pieces; add to cream and stir until melted. Let cool; chill for 30 minutes, then whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
- Use a third of chocolate frosting to sandwich cakes. Spread the remainder over the whole cake. Sprinkle reserved grated white chocolate to garnish.