Fudge Strawberry Truffle Cake
·1 box betty crocker® supermoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
·water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
GANACHE FILLING AND TOPPING
·2 packages (8 oz each) semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
·1 1/3 cups whipping cream
·1/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
·2 cups cut-up fresh strawberries
·6 fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise through stem
·1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
·1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
How to Make Fudge Strawberry Truffle Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs.
- Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, place chopped chocolate; set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Pour cream mixture over chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper round. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. In large bowl, beat half of the cake cubes on low speed until cake is crumbly. Add remaining cake cubes and 1 3/4 cups of the ganache (reserve remaining ganache for topping). Beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed until well combined (mixture will look like fudge). Fold in 2 cups cut-up strawberries. Spoon mixture into springform pan; smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 45 minutes or until firm enough to unmold.
- Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake mixture. Place serving plate upside down on pan; turn pan and plate over. Frost side and top of cake with reserved ganache. Arrange strawberry halves on top of cake.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips and 1/2 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Drizzle over top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cake is best served the same day.