Fruited Friendship Cake
How to Make Fruited Friendship Cake
- It Takes a Few Weeks To Get It To The Point Where You Can Make a Cake. DO NOT use a metal container or metal spoon.
- Into a Glass Jar or Plastic Container That You Can Loosely Cover & Leave On The Counter: 1/3 of the juice saved from the last time or given to you by a friend along with 2 16 oz cans Pineapple With The Juice & 2 1/2 C Sugar. Gently stir. Let sit 10 days.
If you don't have any starter juice, that's OK. Just start with the fruit and sugar.
- Add 2 16oz Cans of Diced Peaches & The Juice & 2 1/2 C Sugar. Gently stir. Let sit 10 days.
- Add 2 16 Oz Jars of Drained Maraschino Cherries. Gently stir. Let Sit 10 Days.
- Divide the fruit into thirds. You will only need one third per cake. Freeze the other two thirds or give to friends with the starter juice.
- Now you are ready to make the cake.
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
1 sm box instant vanilla pudding
2/3 c oil
1/3 of the fruit from above
Mix together and pour into a greased & floured tube pan.
Bake for 50 minutes at 350.
You can also add 1 cup nuts, 1 cup raisins and/or 1 cup coconut. You may need to add about 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid if the batter is too stiff.