FRESH Lemon Sheet Cake
1 boxduncan hines butter golden cake mix
5 Tbspvegetable oil
1 boxlemon instant pudding mix
·rasp the rind of 1 lemon
2 cconfections's sugar
1/3 cfresh squeezed lemons (2) and add enough water to bring it up to 1/3 cup of liquid
3 Tbsphalf and half
How to Make FRESH Lemon Sheet Cake
- In mixing bowl add cake mix, pudding mix and combine.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, water, oil, buttermilk, lemon juice with the rind and add enough water to the lemon juice/rind, bring to 1/2 of water(this is the recommended water for the cake recipe).
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix thoroughly.
- BAKE at 350 for 25 minutes. Toothpick inserted will be clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE. This is a very moist cake.
- Let cake slightly cool and add icing while hot.
- ICING~~2 cups of confectioner's sugar and 1/3 c. FRESH lemons with rasp of 1 Lemon (I used 2 lemons and added enough water to bring up to 1/3 c of liquid).
The icing will be thin but not runny. Just enough consistency to pour onto cake--like syrup.
Let the icing soak into the cake for at least 30 minutes.
It is DELICIOUS while it's still warm.