How to Make Freezing Zucchini for baking
- 1Grate the zucchini as you would for zucchini loaf cake.
- 2Drain in a sieve and press down to release some of the liquid in the zucchini. You may be surprised at how much liquid will be released.
- 3Pack the zucchini in 2 cup amounts in freezer bags. Most recipes call for 2 cups of zucchini.
- 4Flatten the bags as you release the air in the bag. Seal and put the flattened bag in the freezer.
- 5When you are ready to use the zucchini, take out of the freezer. The flattened bags will defrost quite quickly.
When the zucchini has defrosted you will notice that there is a lot of liquid in the bag. Carefully drain the excess liquid from the bag and the zucchini will be ready for use in your recipe.