- large marshmallows
- 1 c
- colored sugar
- large, sealable plastic bag
- cupcakes (any recipe will do)
- frosting (any recipe)
- kitchen shears
- small, sealable plastic bag
- vanilla or white chocolate chips
- small, round chocolate or fruit candies
- waxed paper
How to Make Flower Cupcakes
- 1Make or purchase cupcakes. You can even use store bought, pre-frosted cupcakes and add the marshmallows as a special touch.If you have 12 cupcakes, you will need 12 flowers. Each marshmallow will provide you with enough petals to create one flower.
- 2Lay out a sheet of waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Pour colored sugar into large plastic bag. (You can make your own colored sugar by using white sugar and a few drops of food coloring. You can do this right in the plastic bag. Massage the bag until the color is consistent.)
- 3Take 12 marshmallows and slice each one into 5 slices. Drop the slices into the sugar, close top and shake. Pull out petals and place on waxed paper. Repeat until all of the petals are done.
- 4Lay out another sheet of waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Melt vanilla or chocolate chips in the small plastic bag in the microwave for 30 seconds. Smush bag to mix. Keep reheating at 10 second intervals until the chips are melted and smooth. Use kitchen shears to snip off a very small corner of the bag.
- 5Using the empty tray covered with wax paper, creat a small, filled circle with the chocolate (about the size of a penny). Quickly place the tips of 5 petals (or however many you want to use)in the circle to create the flower. Repeat until all the petals are used.
- 6Once you have made all of the flowers, dab a little bit of the chocolate in the center of each flower and place a chocolate or fruit candy in the middle. Let sit until firm, about 30 minutes. When firm, carefully peel off wax paper and place on frosted cupcakes. Enjoy!