FAVORITE COCONUT BARS
- 1/2 c
- butter or oleo -melted
- 1 1/2 c
- graham crackers, crushed fine
- 1 - 7oz pkg
- flaked coconut (2 2/3 c.)
- 1 - 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - 12 oz
- pkg. real chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- creamy peanut butter
How to Make FAVORITE COCONUT BARS
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" X 13" cake pan.
- 2Pour melted OLEO/BUTTER into the bottom of the cake pan and move pan around until bottom of pan is evenly covered.
Sprinkle GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS over the melted oleo/butter.
Top evenly with COCONUT, then the SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK. Do not try to "spread" the milk over the coconut evenly because it will just stick to the back of the spoon and make a mess....Just pour it evenly around the pan, then continue to pour into and around the pan until it is all gone. It does NOT "cover" the coconut completely.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 4Meanwhile...Put the CHOCOLATE CHIPS and PEANUT BUTTER in a microwavable bowl. melt on high for 30 seconds, take out and stir, put back in the microwave and melt some more on high for 30 seconds. Continue until the chocolate and peanut butter are thorougly melted and mixed well. When bars come out of the oven immediately spread evenly over the bars. Cool 30 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.