Family Reunion Size Southern Sweet Bread
Rose Mary Mogan
I WAS CERTAINLY AMAZED IN A POSITIVE WAY WITH THE OUT COME OF the CAKE. THIS RECIPE MADE MY 11 cup HEART SHAPED PAN PLUS 3 LOAF PAN SIZES so I could ADD SLICES AROUND THE HEART shaped cake to use as a center piece.
The pan has a heart shape indented in the center, & I filled it with fresh Strawberries & then added mini marshmallows around the fruit, but you can use fresh peaches, or blue berries or what ever you like.
The cake is great plain with ice cream or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- 6 3/4 c
- white lily all purpose flour
- 5 c
- 1 lb
- 10 large
- eggs room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 Tbsp
- almond extract
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- yellow food color if desired (till it reaches the color consistency you want)
How to Make Family Reunion Size Southern Sweet Bread
- 1Please note if you are not using the White Lily all purpose flour, omit the extra 3/4 cup flour. Because the HEART SYMBOLIZES LOVE, I CHOSE TO bake the main cake in the HEART shaped pan, then the remaining batter in loaf pans to be sliced and arranged around the HEART CAKE FOR THE TABLE DISPLAY. Many friends and family remembered having this cake in years past, and loved it. This is MAMA'S BASIC Recipe just in a larger size for a large gathering.
- 8Prepare pans with Bakers Joy or grease with butter and dust with flour, and remove excess flour. Then fill pans leaving at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches from the top of pan, to allow for the batter to rise during cooking. Pour batter into cake pans and bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for approximately 45 to 50 minutes for the smaller loaf pans, and the Heart shaped pan required more time about 55 minutes to an hour. Test with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean before removing from oven. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.