Easy Pineapple Coconut Upside-down Cake
1 boxduncan hines yellow cake mix
1 can(s)20oz. pineapple chunks
1 cshredded sweetened coconut
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 stickdark brown sugar
1 stickbutter salted or unsalted, your choice
How to Make Easy Pineapple Coconut Upside-down Cake
- Pre heat oven to 350°
Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet, then add the brown sugar and dissolve. Take off heat and place the chunks on the brown sugar. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup over the top. Put aside
- Now in a strainer over a bowl, drain the pineapple chunks and save the juice
- Next, in a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, oil and mix until smooth.
- Then take the pineapple juice you saved and measure in a measuring cup up to a cup and use that instead of water. If not enough juice add enough water to equal 1 cup.
- Add juice (or water) to the mix and then add the coconut. Mix well . Feel free to up the quantity of the coconut up to scant 2 cups. I usued add an overflowing cup. Mix well until coconut is incorporated.
- Slowly pour the mix over the brown sugar and pineapple in the pan. Carefully place in the oven. Bake about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- When done, loosen the cake and place a large plate over the cake and flip cake onto the pan. Allow it to remain for a few minutes then remove the pan. Serve warm or room temp