Easy Eclair Fake (Diabetic and Diet Friendly)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 box
- fat-free, sugar-free vanilla jell-o brand instant pudding (small boxes); generics aren't as good here.
- 4 + 1/4 c
- skim milk (approximate)
- 2 box
- honey graham crackers (cheapest you can find)
- 1/2-3/4 bag(s)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, 10-12 oz., whatever is cost-efficent
- 1/2 bag(s)
- milk chocolate chips, 10-12 oz., whatever is cost-efficient
- 1 bag(s)
- sugar-free chocolate chips (10-12 oz.)
FOR SUPER DIABETIC-FRIENDLY
How to Make Easy Eclair Fake (Diabetic and Diet Friendly)
- 1Measure out the milk, separating four cups and 1/4 cup.
- 2Whisk together the four cups of milk and the two packages of pudding. Only takes a couple minutes. Don't worry if you still have tiny specs or bits. They will work out in the end. Set pudding aside. NOTE: I do not use electric mixer. Whisking gives the pudding a lighter, airier texture. That and it's great exercise for the arms. Lol.
- 3Set up double boiler. My double boiler is a small pot filled halfway with water and a heatproof bowl (mine is metal) on top. Without bowl, let water come to a boil. Cut down heat to medium-, medium-low-range. Put bowl on top and add chips (either the bag of sugar-free or the semi-sweet/milk chocolate mix). Stir occasionally to prevent caking or burning while chips melt. (Make sure bowl does not touch bottom of pot.)
- 4Once chips have melted, use as much of remaining 1/4 cup of milk as needed to thin the ganache slightly. Chocolate should be pourable and spreadable. Once your consistency is reached, turn down heat to simmer or low.
- 5While chips are melting/simmering, start layering. Put down a layer of graham crackers to cover the bottom of dish. (I use something in the 9x13 size.) Crumble crackers to get complete coverage on each layer. Don't worry. Nobody will see it. Then add 1/2 of the pudding. Spread to cover. Add second layer of graham crackers, the rest of the pudding and top with final graham cracker layer.
- 6After a final stir, pour ganache over top graham cracker layer. Spread to cover. NOTE: I use just enough to cover so no graham crackers can be seen. You can use as much or little as you choose.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight. Dish can be put in freezer to hasten the chocolate setting. Overnight is best. Quick set works, too. Whatever you have time to do. Just trying to get the chocolate set and pudding cold.