Easy Chocolate - Raspberry Cake
My husband is the one that found it and ask me to make..
It is a very yummy
·1 box (18.25 oz ) choclate- fudge cake mix
·1 1/3 cups cold strong - brewed coffee ( i didn't use the coffe in mine )
·3 cups heavy cream, divided
·2 bars ( 4oz each ) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
·1 container ( 8oz ) mascarpone chese
·1/4 cup conectioners sugar
·1 pint fresh raspberries
·1 can ( 11oz ) mandarin oranges, drained
How to Make Easy Chocolate - Raspberry Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package,substitting coffee for water. Divide batter among 3 greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- Bake 20 min; or until toothpick comes out clean. let cool 5 min. Invert cakes onto cooling rack; remove from pans. let cool completely
- In small saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup heavy cream just to a boil. Remove from heat. add choclate and let sit 2 min; stir until smooth. let cool 5 min;or until chocolate mixture is at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl on medium speed beat mascarpone cheese, confectioners sugar & remaining heavey cream for 4min; or until stiff peaks form. stir in vanilla extract.
- place 1 cake layer on swrving platter, spread 1/3 cup chocolate mixture evenly over cake. Top with 1/3 mascarpone mixture, 1/2 cup rspberries and 1/4 cup mandarin oranges.
- repeat layering. garnish with chocolate curls if desired