Easy Caramel Apple Cake with whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 duncan hines apple caramel decadent cake mix and the ingredients needed for cake portion. (discard caramel packet and ignore ingredients needed for that)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- smuckers hot caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 c confectioners sugar
- 3 c whipping cream
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
How to Make Easy Caramel Apple Cake with whipped Cream Frosting
- 1Prepare cake mix according to box. Add cinnamon and mix in.
- 2Pour cake mix into pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray (I used my amazing brownie pan but you can use a regular cake pan)
- 7Warm remaining caramel topping in microwave till pourable but still thick. and drizzle over top of each cake slice
- 10Frosting: Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 3 tablespoons of water in a glass bowl or measuring cup. Let sit until geleatin softens up. Now microwave on HIGH for about 10 seconds and then stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Allow toc cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Gelatin has to be in a liquid form and not warm. Beat cream in a large mixing bowl at high speed until soft peaks begin to form. Add confectioners sugar to this and whip until you see peaks holding their shape in the bowl. Add the cooled gelatin slowly and in a steady stream while beating the mixture. Now add vanilla and beat till stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.