Drunken Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This cake is so light and delicious. And the frosting... it's so good it almost didn't make it onto the cake! The combination of marshmallow cream and cream cheese make a great frosting. Yummy! The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- duncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 3.3 oz
- box devil's food instant pudding mix
- 1 c
- 3 large
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 oz
- strawberry jello
- 12 oz
- delicia strawberries & cream (sparkling malt beverage)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz
- marshmallow cream
- 3.3 oz
- box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 8 oz
- cool whip
CHOCOLATE FUDGE MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
How to Make Drunken Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans.
- 2BLEND dry mixes (cake and pudding), water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3POUR batter in pan 9X13 glass dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4When cake is approximately 5 minutes from being done, begin the Jello mixture.
- 5Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a full boil. Add jello and mix until jello is fully dissolved.
- 6Add 12 oz Delicia Strawberries & Cream to jello. (For a non-alcoholic cake, replace the Delicia Strawberries & Cream with strawberry or red cream soda.)
- 7Pull cake from oven and liberally poke fork holes in cake.
- 8Pour jello mix over cake and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 9After cake has fully cooled, make Chocolate Fudge Marshmallow frosting.
- 10Soften 8 oz cream cheese.
- 11Blend with 7oz jar of marshmallow cream and 3.3 oz box of chocolate fudge pudding.
- 12Add 8oz tub of cool whip and blend completely.
- 13Spread frosting (all of it) evenly over fully cooled cake cake.
- 14Cut and serve.
- 15You may want to garnish with fresh strawberries dipped in white chocolate for a more elegant look when entertaining.
- 16Store leftover cake (if there is any) in a covered container in refrigerator.