Drunken Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This cake is so light and delicious. And the frosting... it's so good it almost didn't make it onto the cake! The combination of marshmallow cream and cream cheese make a great frosting. Yummy! The Test Kitchen
1 boxduncan hines devil's food cake mix
3.3 ozbox devil's food instant pudding mix
1/3 ccanola oil
1 1/2 cwater
3 ozstrawberry jello
12 ozdelicia strawberries & cream (sparkling malt beverage)
CHOCOLATE FUDGE MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
8 ozcream cheese, softened
7 ozmarshmallow cream
3.3 ozbox chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
8 ozcool whip
How to Make Drunken Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans.
- BLEND dry mixes (cake and pudding), water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- POUR batter in pan 9X13 glass dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- When cake is approximately 5 minutes from being done, begin the Jello mixture.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a full boil. Add jello and mix until jello is fully dissolved.
- Add 12 oz Delicia Strawberries & Cream to jello. (For a non-alcoholic cake, replace the Delicia Strawberries & Cream with strawberry or red cream soda.)
- Pull cake from oven and liberally poke fork holes in cake.
- Pour jello mix over cake and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- After cake has fully cooled, make Chocolate Fudge Marshmallow frosting.
- Soften 8 oz cream cheese.
- Blend with 7oz jar of marshmallow cream and 3.3 oz box of chocolate fudge pudding.
- Add 8oz tub of cool whip and blend completely.
- Spread frosting (all of it) evenly over fully cooled cake cake.
- Cut and serve.
- You may want to garnish with fresh strawberries dipped in white chocolate for a more elegant look when entertaining.
- Store leftover cake (if there is any) in a covered container in refrigerator.