Dried Cherry Scones Yummy!!
Shawn A Reed
I have used other fruit in this and loved them all!! Sweet and Tart Cherries, Cranberries and Blueberries.
I hope you Enjoy!!
1/2 csnipped dried sweet cherries
3 Tbspbrown sugar
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 cbutter, cold and cubed
1 tsporange peel, finely shredded
1egg yolk, beaten
8 ozsour cream
·recipe for orange glaze
How to Make Dried Cherry Scones Yummy!!
- preheat oven 400
- In small bowl place cherries and pour boiling water over fruit and let stand for 5 minutes; drain well
- In large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. Add chrries and orange peel; toss to coat. Make well in center of mixture.
- In a small bowl combine egg and sour cream; add to dry ingredients, and using a fork stir until combined( mixture may seem to be dry)
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 7 inch circle and cut into 12 wedges.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet, bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and drizzle with orange glaze. Enjoy
- Orange glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
Mix together, you may need to add more juice until you reach a drizzling consistency:)