Dinette Cake - THE BEST VANILLA CAKE EVER!
This tastes great with store bought icing or home made icing if you're up for the messy task. I make it with Buttercream icing; you can find the recipe for that here as well.
1/3 ccanola oil
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cbutter (softened)
3 cconfectioners' sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 - 2 Tbspmilk (1 to 2 depending on consistency that the icing is taking)
How to Make Dinette Cake - THE BEST VANILLA CAKE EVER!
- Cake Directions:
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 -in square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve with fruit or ice cream if desired. Can make about 8 - 9 servings.
- Icing Directions:
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.