Diane's Luscious Amaretto Cheesecake
- 1 c
- sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 c
- graham cracker crumbs (or gluten free graham style crackers if you want a gf cheesecake)
- 1/3 c
- unsalted butter, melted
- 5 pkg
- cream cheese (40 oz. total), softened to room temperature
- 2 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- pure almond extract
- 4 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 c
- amaretto liqueur
How to Make Diane's Luscious Amaretto Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir crust ingredients together and press firmly into a 10" round spring-form pan.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar and then beat in the almond extract, eggs, and Amaretto liqueur just until well combined. Do not over beat.
- 3Pour the filling on top of the crust. Hold the pan by the sides and drop it on the counter a few times from a few inches high to settle/release any bubbles.
- 4Bake 60-65 minutes in a 350 degree F oven until the edges are slightly puffed, and there is a small wobbly spot, about 2" round, in the very center.
OPTIONAL: To minimize cracks on top of the cheesecake, bake using a waterbath technique.
Wrap the pan tightly with aluminum foil on the bottom and up the sides.
Then, place the cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan. Fill the cheesecake pan with filling. Put the pan in the oven and then fill the roasting pan with about 1/2 inch – 1 inch of hot water. (Fill with water once placed in the oven to bake because it is hard to transfer a water-filled roasting pan with a cheesecake inside of it into the oven and not spill.)
- 5Cool at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then release from the pan. Cover and chill a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is best.