Devils Delight Dessert
Perfect to make the night before.
- 1 pkg
- chocolate cake mix (with needed ingredients to prepare as instructed)
- 1 pkg
- instant chocolate pudding mix (with needed ingredients to prepare as instructed)
- 2 lb
- fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- container of cool whip
How to Make Devils Delight Dessert
- 1Prepare strawberries a few hours ahead if possible. Cut each strawberry into quarters for small slices. Place in a bowl and pour sugar on top. Gently stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Prepare pudding as directed on package. Let chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 3Bake cake mix as instructed on box. Let cool. When ready, make sure the cake fits into your dish of choice. We had to cut some of the outside edge off in order for it to fit into our narrow bowl.
- 4Start layer with one cake round at the bottom. Poke large holes throughout the cake (I used the end of a wooden spoon).
- 5Pour half of the pudding mixture over the cake. Add 1/3 the strawberries atop the pudding. Then spread a thick layer of cool whip over the strawberries. Repeat with the second cake round, pudding, 1/3 strawberries and cool whip. Top with remaining strawberries. Tah-dah!
- 6It's best to cover and refrigerate it for a bit until ready to serve. Great to make the night before.
When serving, I would just slice a piece, and use a pie server to pull out a piece. It may be a little messy, but so tasty.