How to Make Depression Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with oil. I prefer a glass baking dish.
- 2Combine all but flour and baking soda in a medium sauce pan. Bring ingredients to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Let stand for 3 minutes then add the flour and baking soda stirring only until all is combined.
- 4Pour in to a 9x13 prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 5This cake is very good by itself as a spice cake but I prefer cream cheese frosting on top of it.