Delicious Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
Perfect for the fall season and for Thanksgiving (or any other time) for an after dinner dessert, or serve with a light lunch.
Don't even remember where I got the recipe originally. Maybe it was in a cake mix box.
I know and your family will enjoy these. Its a fool proof recipe and you'll look like you've slaved in the kitchen the whole day!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c
- margarine, melted (or use butter if you must)
- 1 lb
- solid pack pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices/or your own mix
- 1/2 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c
- reserved cake mix
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
How to Make Delicious Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x13 Pan (Brownie pan works well)
- 2Reserve 1 Cup cake mix for topping. Combine remaining cake mix with butter/margarine and egg. Press into pan.
- 3Combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
Pour over crust.
- 4Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over filling.
- 5Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. (you can also test making sure it's not wiggly anymore.
- 6Let cool and refrigerate. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping, or just by itself.
- 7NOTE FOR LACTOSE INTOLERANT PEOPLE: If made with margarine, almond/rice soy milk it's a great lactose free dessert, for those lactose intolerant people like me. :-) ---Even though no lactose in butter, one of the healthy margarine works great.