Delicious Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
Perfect for the fall season and for Thanksgiving (or any other time) for an after dinner dessert, or serve with a light lunch.
Don't even remember where I got the recipe originally. Maybe it was in a cake mix box.
I know and your family will enjoy these. Its a fool proof recipe and you'll look like you've slaved in the kitchen the whole day!
1 boxyellow cake mix
1/2 cmargarine, melted (or use butter if you must)
1 lbsolid pack pumpkin (canned is fine)
2 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spices/or your own mix
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 creserved cake mix
1/4 cbutter or margarine
How to Make Delicious Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x13 Pan (Brownie pan works well)
- Reserve 1 Cup cake mix for topping. Combine remaining cake mix with butter/margarine and egg. Press into pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
Pour over crust.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. (you can also test making sure it's not wiggly anymore.
- Let cool and refrigerate. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping, or just by itself.
- NOTE FOR LACTOSE INTOLERANT PEOPLE: If made with margarine, almond/rice soy milk it's a great lactose free dessert, for those lactose intolerant people like me. :-) ---Even though no lactose in butter, one of the healthy margarine works great.