Dee-lightful Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
That was Wednesday, and it's now Friday, and I am making more. LOL...Enjoy!
- 1 - 16 oz box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 large
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 2 c
- pure pumpkin puree(or 1 - 15 oz can)
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (add a bit more if you like it sweeter)
- 6 oz
- neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- milk, regular, buttermilk, 1/2 & 1/2 or evaporated
- 2 large
- 2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- allspice or cloves
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tbl vanilla instant pudding (other flavors can be used, ie: cheesecake, white chocolate, etc)
WHIP CREAM FROSTING:
How to Make Dee-lightful Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tin wells with paper or foil liners. Foil works better IMO..but either will work if they are eaten within a day. Otherwise the paper ones may get soggy.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix with egg and melted butter with fork until it comes together and is slightly crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of crumbs, and portion remaining into 24 liners. Press into bottom and up sides 1/2 inch of each cup.
Bake for 8-10 min until set and slightly browned.
- 3While crust is baking, mix filling ingredients in the same bowl (save the dishwasher). I use an immersion blender to blend until it is smooth. Pour filling into each crust. Crumble reserved crumbs on top of filling on each cupcake. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown and filling is set.
- 4Cool 5 minutes in pans and then remove to rack until cool. At this point the can be refrigerated before topping with whip cream..or add a whip cream swirl and then chill.
- 5Whip Cream Frosting:
Whip cream and powdered sugar in bowl to soft peaks Add pudding mix and vanilla, and continue beating until medium peaks are formed. Pipe a swirl onto cooled cupcakes. Dust with cinnamon before serving. Enjoy!
- 6Sugar Free Version:
1. Use sugar free yellow cake mix
2. Sweeten with Stevia in the Raw and maybe a little sugar free maple syrup for filling and whip cream..I just sweeten to taste and don't use one to one measurements (I can't in good conscience recommend Splenda)
3. Use sugar free pudding in the whip cream.
I so wish they sweetened cake mix and pudding mix with a natural sweetener instead on Splenda. Someday hopefully.
- 7If you sweeten to taste like I do, you learn to add the beaten eggs last, so you don't eat raw eggs. I don't worry about bcuz get my eggs fresh from my friend, besides we all eat cookie dough, right? lol