Decadent Cherry-Chocolate Cupcakes for a Crowd
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix that calls for melted butter. one is made by duncan hines.
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- 1 large pkg
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 or 2
- eggs (or however many are called for on the box of cake mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
How to Make Decadent Cherry-Chocolate Cupcakes for a Crowd
- 1Preheat the oven as instructed on the cake mix box.
- 2Stir together the cake mix, melted butter, egg(s), as instructed on the box but DO NOT ADD WATER.
- 3Stir in the cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- 4Distribute the batter in small, paper-lined cupcake tins, trying to get a cherry in each cupcake.
- 5Bake as instructed on the cake mix box. The cupcakes will be moister than normal -- more like a very soft brownie.
- 6Melt the chocolate chips, stir and add in just enough milk to make a thick sauce when hot. Spoon some of this on each cupcake. If it hardens in the bowl before you finish, zap in the microwave to re-melt.
- 7Allow to cool and serve.