Decadent Cherry-Chocolate Cupcakes for a Crowd
1 boxchocolate cake mix that calls for melted butter. one is made by duncan hines.
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
1 large pkgsemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 stickbutter or margarine, melted
1 or 2eggs (or however many are called for on the box of cake mix
1/4 to 1/2 cmilk
1 tspalmond extract
How to Make Decadent Cherry-Chocolate Cupcakes for a Crowd
- Preheat the oven as instructed on the cake mix box.
- Stir together the cake mix, melted butter, egg(s), as instructed on the box but DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Stir in the cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- Distribute the batter in small, paper-lined cupcake tins, trying to get a cherry in each cupcake.
- Bake as instructed on the cake mix box. The cupcakes will be moister than normal -- more like a very soft brownie.
- Melt the chocolate chips, stir and add in just enough milk to make a thick sauce when hot. Spoon some of this on each cupcake. If it hardens in the bowl before you finish, zap in the microwave to re-melt.
- Allow to cool and serve.