Decadent caramel-stuffed brownies w/ cherry sauce
- 3 c
- frozen, unsweetened pitted dark cherries, thawed and drained in colander
- 4-1/2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 box
- chewy, fudge brownie mix. i used pillsbury
- 2 large
- eggs and other ingredients called for on brownie boxes.
- 1/2 c
- walnuts, chopped, divded
- 1 lb
- chewy caramel candies, unwrapped
- 3 Tbsp
- light cream
How to Make Decadent caramel-stuffed brownies w/ cherry sauce
- 1In saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries, sugar, butter and vanilla. Cook, stirring for 3 mins. In small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch until dissolved. Add to cherry mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook 3 mins, stirring occasionally and then remove from heat, let cool.
- 2Heat oven 350. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with heavy duty foil, letting it overhang edges by 1". Lightly spray foil w/ cooking spray. In lg bowl, prepare 1 box of brownie mix as directed, folding in 1/4 cup nuts. Spoon into pan. Bake 10 mins, remove from oven.
- 3Place caramels and cream in micro-safe bowl and microwave 1 min. Stir and repeat until mixture is smooth. Pour caramel sauce over slightly baked brownie in pan. In lg bowl, prepare 2nd box of brownie mix as directed, mixing in remaining nuts. Pour evenly over caramel sauce. Spread evenly. Bake about 40-50 mins, or until set. Let cool. Using foil, remove brownies from pan and cut into squares. If desired, reheat cherry sauce and spoon over brownies.