Creamy Lemon Meringue Cake
If you have left over filling, you can place it in mini graham cracker tarts, top with cool whip, and give to the kids! Surprise! Mini Lemon Cheesecakes!
1 boxfrench vanilla cake mix, prepared as directed on package
1 can(s)lemon pie filling
3 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
1 can(s)condensed milk
1 tspvanilla extract
1 boxfluffy white frosting, betty crocker
1 tsplemon peel
1 Tbsplemon juice concentrate
How to Make Creamy Lemon Meringue Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Prepare French Vanilla Cake per package directions. Pour into 13 x 9 pan or 2 9" round cake pans.
- Bake for 30 min or when inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- You can choose to leave in 13 x 9 pan to top and frost or invert onto a board. If it's a dbl layer, invert onto cooling racks till completely cooled then place one layer on plate.
Mix cream cheese, pie filling, condensed milk, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Blend with mixer. Spread thickly over cooled cake. If making a dbl layer cake, top filling on bottom layer with second layer of cake then spread filling over top layer as well. **NOTE: This makes a large amount of filling which can also be used as a crumb layer of frosting. Place remaining filling in a bowl for use on another cake if desired.
Boil 1/2 cup water with lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour into mixing bowl with the dry mix of Betty Crocker Fluffy White Frosting Mix. Mix at high speed till stiff peaks form.
- Spread frosting over filling. **NOTE: If cakes are covered in crumb coat of filling, spread frosting evenly over all. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and a sprig of mint if desired.
- Refrigerate cake when complete till ready to serve. If you can't find the box of fluffy white frosting, you can make a meringue and lightly brown it in the oven or use a can of ready made Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker Fluffy White Frosting but I prefer the box mix.