★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- 6 c
- sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- clear vanilla extract
- additional milk
How to Make Creamy Frosting
- 1Beat shortening in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- 2Gradually beat in 3 cups sugar until well blended and smooth.
- 3Carefully beat in 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla.
- 4Gradually beat in remaining 3 cups sugar, adding more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, as needed for good spreading consistency.
- 5Store in refrigerator.
To make Orange flavored frosting, Instead of milk bind the icing together with freshly squeezed orange juice as well as including the zest of an entire orange.