How to Make Creamy Coconut Cake
- 1Prepare a 9 x 13 cake pan with spray pan coating.
- 2Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions, BUT, substitute the coconut milk for the water in the mix. Add 3/4 cup of the flaked coconut and the coconut extract, combine well and pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees according to package directions.
- 3Bake until cake tests done, be sure not to burn the cake as white cakes are a little deceiving. Test with a skewer to assure baking is complete.
- 4While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over the top of the cake with a skewer.
- 5Pour the entire can of cream of coconut into a microwave safe glass measuring cup. Heat 1-2 minutes. Pour over the cake. Chill several hours or overnight.
- 6Frost the cake with the whipped vanilla frosting and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut. Keep refrigerated until serving.