How to Make Cream Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 400° F. Beat cream with egg until well blended. Beat in sugar and butter until thick and creamy.
- 2Stir in 1 cup of the flour until well mixed. Gradually fold in the remaining flour with a rubber spatula until it forms a soft biscuit dough and leaves the sides of the bowl. Fold in dates or raisins if desired.
- 3Pat out onto a well-floured surface into 2 circles 3/4-inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheet or baking stone, separated about 1/2 an inch.
- 4Bake for10-13 minutes until lightly browned on top. Cover with a clean towel to allow steam to soften the scones while they cool. Remove towel after 5 minutes.
- 5Options: may add cinnamon or ginger to the flour if desired, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon depending on taste. May also brush tops with melted butter after baking, and sprinkle with superfine sugar if desired.