Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 pkgsoftened cream cheese, 8 ounce package
1 1/2 csoftened butter (3 sticks)
6 largeeggs at room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbsplemon juice
3 call purpose flour, sifed then measured for accuracy and sifted again
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 12.5 cup Bundt pan or tube pan. Cut a piece of foil about 1" to 1.5" larger than pan, then cut a hole in center to fit around the cone in the center of the pan, set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until blended. gradually add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add salt and flavorings and mix well, high speed for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce speed to lowest setting and add flour a little at a time. DO NOT OVER MIX. Once all flour is incorporated, remove bowl from mixer (if using a stand mixer) and scrape sides and bottom of bowl with a spatula and stir lightly. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour and then place foil on top of pan to prevent over browning and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove from pan. Prepare your favorite glaze recipe and spoon over warm cake. Serve warm or room temperature.
- SPECIAL HINT: Flour tends to settle and pack down in the bag/canister so I always sift first, then measure in order to get an accurate measurement, then sift for a final time before adding to my cake recipes.