- 4 c
- cake flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 4 tsp
- sea salt
- 4 large
- eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 c
- light cream
- 2 tsp
- coconut extract, organic (divided)
- 2 c
- cane sugar
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 c
- cream cheese
- 3 c
- coconut, shredded
16 OZ MARSHMALLOW CREAM (FLUFF) OR SEE BELOW
YOU CAN USE 2-7OZ JAR OF MARSHMALLOW CREAM (FLUFF)
How to Make CREAM CAKE
- 1Cake recipe has been DBL for 3 layer grease and flour 3 round cake pans or 1 large sheet cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper or waxpaper so the will come out easier.
Preheat oven to 200* Bake 30-40 min
- 2Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together in separate bowl then beat in light cream, coconut extract and add to dry ingredients. Pour into pans, put into oven and bake for 30-40min or till pick inserted comes out clean.
- 3Take out of oven and let cool on rack or place butter knives criss cross on counter and set pans ontop so there is air movement to cool. Cool 10-15 min
- 4Mix Fluffy Frosting:
In a large mixing bowl, Cream Cheese, Powder Sugar,beat until fluffy. Beat in the coconut extract, then stir in the marshmallow cream until well blended.
- 5Here is your how to if you are not sure or have never baked and frosted a 3 layer cake.............
Carefully lift one cake layer, using both hands onto the cake plate with the bottom side up. Hold the cake gingerly so you do not press into the cake, which could cause it to fall apart.
Spread 1/4 of the frosting over the top of the cake evenly.
Place the second layer also bottom side up on top of the first layer with the frosting, also bottom side up. Slide the layer around so that it sits evenly on top of the first one.
Frost the top of the second layer using another 1/4 of the frosting. Repeat with the third and final layer.
Frost the sides of the three-layer cake and the top generously with the remaining frosting.
Gently slide the wax paper from underneath the cake and re-frost where your fingers may have messed up the icing. Sprinkle Coconut on top while slightly patting top and then you will pat it carefully on the sides if you need more than the measured amount feel free to add more......Serve or store in a cool area.
- 6This can be made for any holiday by taking the coconut and adding food coloring to it, St. Patty's Day (green), Valentine's Day (red), Easter (Yellow, Pink, Green), Christmas (Red, Green, Blue, White) 4th of July (Red, White, Blue), any Holiday...