Cornbread with Applesauce
This is a gluten-free recipe and is posted on ifood. This is a very tasty recipe enjoyed by me and my family .
2/3 crice milk
1 Tbspapple cider vinegar
3/4 cgluten free all purpose flour
1/2 ccornflour (another name for cornstarch)
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspxanthan gum
1 tspkosher salt, + more for sprinkling
1/2 ccoconut oil
1/3 cagave nectar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Cornbread with Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375^. Lightly grease a 7x4-inch bread pan-bottom only,Fit a piece of heavy foil lengthwise in pan so foil hangs over ends of pan ;to lift out easily later; Spray bottom only;set aside.
- Pour rice milk and apple cider vinegar into a small bowl, but DO NOT stir; set aside.(this makes buttermilk)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, cornflour, baking powder, soda, xanthan gum and salt. Add the oil, agave , applesauce and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour in the apple cider mixture, and mix gently, until fully blended and a slightly grainy batter is formed.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with some kosher salt, if desired. Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes, rotating after 20 minutes.
- The cornbread will bounce back slightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean. Let stand in pan for 15 minutes, run a knife down sides to loosen, then gently remove by lifting by the foil.
Can be eaten warm or cool.
Store covered with plastic and store at room temperature for 3 or 4 days.
190 cal.Sat Fat 8g; Mono Fat0.7g; Poly Fat 0g; Protein 2g.;Carb 26.5g; Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 355mg.