How to Make Cold Oven Pound Cake
- 1Beat butter at room temp until smooth. add sugar & mix until mixture looks like sand. Add eggs one at the time & beat VERY well.
- 2mix flour baking powder & salt together & add alternately with buttermilk using a slower speed on mixer' also add vanilla flavoring & mix well.
- 3my pecans are usually gfrozen so they are already damp , dust them with just enough flour to keep from going to bottom of pan & stir in.
- 4your last step pour this mixture into well greased & floured angel food sized cake pan & Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hr. 20 min. aas all ovens are different check with cake tester for doness after the time has passed & it may take a little longer BUT believe me it's worth the WAIT.
- 5When cake tester comes out clean remove from oven & wait 20 to 30 min & turn onto cakeplate & let cool well. I then use my Favorite CHOCOLATE FROSTING & Watch EVERYONE JUST WOW...WHAT A CAKE!!