★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccrisco shortening
1/2 ccrisco vegatable oil
5eggs (at room temperature)
2 tspcoconut extract
1 cflaked coconut
How to Make COCONUT POUND CAKE
- Beat till creamy: 1 cup crisco shortening, 1/2 cup vegatable oil & 3 cups sugar.
- Add 5 eggs ~~ one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift: 3 cups flour & a pinch of salt.
Mix in alternately, with 1 cup of milk.
- Beat in 2 tsp coconut extract & 1 cup coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased & floured tube pan. Bake at 350, for 1 1/2 hours. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN, FOR THE FIRST HOUR.
- When the cake is done, remove from oven. Immediately remove from the pan, onto a raised, wire rack and sift 10X (confectioners) sugar heavily on top. Cool completely.
- This recipe is NOT reccommended for a Bundt Pan ... it is a tall cake and too much batter for one of those pans.