Coconut Cream Cake
She got the recipe from an old church cookbook and it is to die for!
You can toast the coconut or not, it is delicious either way. Oh, and feel free to use as MUCH coconut as you please.....LOL
1 pkg(18 oz) white cake mix with pudding in the mix
1 tspcoconut extract
1 can(s)(15 oz.) cream of coconut
1 can(s)(14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 cheavy whipping cream
1 csweetened flaked coconut
How to Make Coconut Cream Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water and extract, beat 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until tests done with a pick.
- Combine milk and cream of coconut, stir until smooth.
- With large fork or the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes in even rows all over the cake.
- Pour milk mixture over the top, making sure it goes into the holes. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate over night or at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar. Beat until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
Cut into squares.