Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a pretty and tasty addition to your holiday table! Eggnog is a staple for my holiday gatherings and adding it to the pudding mix is so tasty. And the fresh cranberry sauce to the mix gives this recipe that holiday feel. Your family will love the creamy fresh taste of this trifle. The Test Kitchen
1 boxvanilla cake mix
1 tspalmond extract
1bag whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 box(6 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 qtheavy cream, whipped
How to Make Christmas Trifle
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Mix almond extract into batter before pouring into cake pan to bake. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare whole cranberry sauce according to directions on package. Squeeze one half of the orange and add juice to cranberry sauce. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream and add sugar to taste.
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions substituting egg nog for milk.
- Cut the cake into 1" cubes.
- In the following order, layer the ingredients in a trifle bowl or similiar clear bowl, such as a salad bowl or punch bowl:
4. whipped cream.
Repeat as necessary to fill the serving bowl, ending with whipped cream. Garnish as desired.