What a pretty and tasty addition to your holiday table! Eggnog is a staple for my holiday gatherings and adding it to the pudding mix is so tasty. And the fresh cranberry sauce to the mix gives this recipe that holiday feel. Your family will love the creamy fresh taste of this trifle.
- 1 box
- vanilla cake mix
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- bag whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 box
- (6 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 c
- 1 qt
- heavy cream, whipped
How to Make Christmas Trifle
- 1Prepare cake according to package directions. Mix almond extract into batter before pouring into cake pan to bake. Allow to cool completely.
- 2Prepare whole cranberry sauce according to directions on package. Squeeze one half of the orange and add juice to cranberry sauce. Cool completely.
- 3Whip the cream and add sugar to taste.
- 4Prepare the pudding according to package directions substituting egg nog for milk.
- 5Cut the cake into 1" cubes.
- 6In the following order, layer the ingredients in a trifle bowl or similiar clear bowl, such as a salad bowl or punch bowl:
4. whipped cream.
Repeat as necessary to fill the serving bowl, ending with whipped cream. Garnish as desired.