Christmas Poke Cake
Everyone loves this cake and it is so pretty around the holidays!
How to Make Christmas Poke Cake
- 1Remove the cakes from cake pans and cool.
- 2Place cooled cake layers, top sides up in 2 clean 9 inch round cake pans.
- 3Pierce layers with a large fork at 1/2 inch intervals. (I use a chop stick or skewer)
- 4Stir 1 cup of boiling water into each flavor of dry jello mix in separate bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- 5Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and green gelatin over the second cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- 6Dip 1 cake pan in warm water for 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Frost with cool whip. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more before serving.