Chocolate Whipped Cream-Aunt Hodie's Recipe
I went looking through an old church cookbook and sure enough I found a recipe by someone I knew who made that. When I mentioned her recipe, my husband smiled and said, she was Aunt Hodie to me!
- 1 pkg
- angel food cake mix, prepared according to package
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp
- cold water, approximately
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
How to Make Chocolate Whipped Cream-Aunt Hodie's Recipe
- 1Bake cake and cool completely, or purchase store bought angel cake.
- 2Chill bowl and beater attachment. Pour cream into chilled bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- 3In a small bowl mix sugar and cocoa, and stir in a small amount of water to make a paste. Add this mixture to the cream and add the vanilla, beat briefly to combine. Chill for an hour or two before serving the chocolate whipped cream on a slice of cake.