CHOCOLATE VELVET FROSTING (SALLYE)
Try it on any cake you would normally frost with chocolate.
How to Make CHOCOLATE VELVET FROSTING (SALLYE)
- If you have a double boiler, use it.
If you don't, just use a heavy skillet and a saucepan.
- Fill bottom of double boiler or skillet about 1/3 full of water and heat, but do not boil.
Turn heat down to simmer.
- In top of double boiler or heavy saucepan, place the chocolate morsels over hot water until melted (about 5 minutes).
You can also do this in the microwave, but watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn or separate.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract and salt and blend together.
- Sift and add confectioners sugar and beat until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Will frost two 8 or 9" cake layers.