CHOCOLATE VELVET FROSTING (SALLYE)
Try it on any cake you would normally frost with chocolate.
- 12 oz
- package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- sifted confectioners sugar
How to Make CHOCOLATE VELVET FROSTING (SALLYE)
- 1If you have a double boiler, use it.
If you don't, just use a heavy skillet and a saucepan.
- 2Fill bottom of double boiler or skillet about 1/3 full of water and heat, but do not boil.
Turn heat down to simmer.
- 3In top of double boiler or heavy saucepan, place the chocolate morsels over hot water until melted (about 5 minutes).
You can also do this in the microwave, but watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn or separate.
- 4Transfer to large mixing bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add sour cream, vanilla extract and salt and blend together.
- 6Sift and add confectioners sugar and beat until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and frosting is smooth and creamy.
- 7Will frost two 8 or 9" cake layers.