Chocolate Strawberry Valentines
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These cakes make a beautiful presentation - and they're so yummy! These are really easy to prepare and we love using a cake mix base. A great Valentine's Day treat. The Test Kitchen
- 18 1/4 oz
- Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 3 large
- 20 oz
- frozen sweetened strawberries thawed, juice reserved; two 10 oz pkgs
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- reserved strawberry juice
- 5 to 8 Tbsp
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Kirsch more or less to your taste, and this is optional
- 16 oz
- strawberry cream cheese spread, two 8 oz containers
- 14 medium
- fresh whole strawberries made into fans
- 4 oz
- Cool Whip, thawed
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Valentines
- 1Make your cupcakes to package directions using the water, oil, and eggs. Let cool completely before decorating.
- 2I use a rectangular cupcake pan that makes 8 cupcakes to a pan I measure out 1/3 cup batter per cupcake so they are all uniform.
- 3While cupcakes are baking, thaw your strawberries, cutting them up smaller. Reserve 2/3 cup juice.
- 4In a sauce pan, add your strawberry juice, sugar, and cornstarch, stirring to smooth, bring to boil and cook til thickened. Add strawberries and cook a minute more. Remove from heat and stir in kirsch.
- 5Cover and chill filling.