Chocolate Soda Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 tspclove, ground
4 Tbspcocoa powder
2 tspbaking soda
1/4 cwarm water
1 craisins (optional)
1 cchopped walnuts (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Soda Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend sugar and shortening in large mixing bowl.
- add eggs, milk, and vanilla. mix well
- In another bowl mix flour, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and soda.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Dissolve soda and cocoa into water then add to mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts
- Grease and flour 9 by 13 cake pan.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Tap bottom of cake pan gently on counter to release excess bubbles.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes