Chocolate Raspberry Creme Trifle
I was in the mood to make a trifle and so I asked my sweetie if he wanted a raspberry trifle or a chocolate one. Then I thought well why not make both, and this is what I came up with.
This is not so much baking as assembling, and is very easy, yet makes a spectacular presentation.
A little raspberry liquor or kirsch sprinkled on the cake layers is very nice indeed, but optional.
32 oztwo 16 oz chocolate cream glazed cakes from bakery, or bake your own chocolate cake in a 9x13 inch pan
24 oztwo 12 oz packages frozen raspberries, drained well, and maybe 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar sprinkled over the top
6 ozfresh raspberries for garnish
14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
1 ccold water
1 tspalmond extract
3.4 ozpackage instant vanilla pudding
2 cfrozen whipped topping, thawed
6 ozraspberry jam, it you warm in microwave it will spread easier
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Creme Trifle
- In a large mixing bowl beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
- Add pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.
- Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
Then fold in the frozen whipped topping.
- Cut the cake into cubes, and place half of them in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Top with 1/3 the cream mixture.
- Carefully spread with jam.
- Put one package of raspberries next.
- Layer the rest of the cake cubes, then 1/3 cream mixture, then remaining raspberries, and then top with cream mixture.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries over the top for garnish