Chocolate Raspberry Creme Trifle
I was in the mood to make a trifle and so I asked my sweetie if he wanted a raspberry trifle or a chocolate one. Then I thought well why not make both, and this is what I came up with.
This is not so much baking as assembling, and is very easy, yet makes a spectacular presentation.
A little raspberry liquor or kirsch sprinkled on the cake layers is very nice indeed, but optional.
- 32 oz
- two 16 oz chocolate cream glazed cakes from bakery, or bake your own chocolate cake in a 9x13 inch pan
- 24 oz
- two 12 oz packages frozen raspberries, drained well, and maybe 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar sprinkled over the top
- 6 oz
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- cold water
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 3.4 oz
- package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 oz
- raspberry jam, it you warm in microwave it will spread easier
Then fold in the frozen whipped topping.