Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a peanut lover's dream cake! We used creamy peanut butter and heavy cream in the decoration and it all baked perfectly in a 9" cake pan. Simply delicious. The Test Kitchen
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
2 call purpose flour
2/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 2/3 csugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cpeanut butter
1 1/3 ccold water
CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE.
1 cwhip cream
1/2 cpeanut butter
24 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- FOR CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour one 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, sift the flour 3 times, measure again to make sure that you have excatly 2 cups of flour. (Flour may expand when sifted.) Sift again with cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a diffrent bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, and blend in peanut butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, 1/3 at a time, Alternating with the water and beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Place the pan into the freezer for 20 minutes, after it has cooled for 10 minutes outside.
- Remove cake from freezer and place cake on a rack.
- FOR GLAZE: While cake is in freezer: In a saucepan, heat the whipped cream and peanut butter until it starts to boil; remove from heat and add chips. Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Pour the glaze evenly over the cake. Let glaze dry for 15-20 minutes.
- In a piping bag, put peanut butter cream. Decorate cake however you wish.