CHOCOLATE FUDGE LAYER CAKE
Rose Mary Mogan
All of the cakes were very well received. I enhanced the flavors of this cake with the use of Instant coffee crystals, chocolate Pudding, chocolate Extract and cocoa powder. It was so chocolaty and the texture was creamy and smooth, plus the taste was amazing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
2 stickbutter, softened
1 smallbox instant chocolate pudding
2 1/2 csugar
3 1/2 cwhite lily all purpose flour
1/2 ccorn starch
1/2 ccocoa powder
2 Tbspinstant coffe crystals
1 Tbspbaking powdr
8 mediumeggs, room temperature or 6 large
1 1/2 cevaporated milk
2 tspchocolate extract
How to Make CHOCOLATE FUDGE LAYER CAKE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F. Using bakers joy spray 4 nine inch round or square cake pans and set aside till needed. You may also choose to butter pans and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Using a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, instant pudding, corn starch, & coffee crystals and set aside till needed.
- Cream softened butter in a mixing bowl and beat till creamy. Slowly add in the sugar, beating well after each addition. Beat well until no sugar crystals remain in butter mixture, about 10 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, and add to butter mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now add about 1/3 of the sifted flour mixture and beat until incorporated into batter, alternate with the evaporated milk, until both the flour and milk are gone. Add in chocolate extract and beat till blended.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to sit 10 minutes in pan then invert onto cooling wire rack. Then frost as desired.
- I used a combination of both chocolate and cream cheese frosting, because of all the chocolate in the cake batter, but use what you prefer.