CHOCOLATE FROSTED SOUR CREAM YELLOW CAKE
Rose Mary Mogan
Needless to say every one loved it, & there was none left when the event was over.
The sour cream gives it the moistness it needs, & the combo frosting gave it a very unique flavor. One of the few frostings that I did not make from scratch. But the cake still tasted great.
- 3 stick
- butter, softened room temperature
- 3 c
- all purpose white lily flour + 6 tablespoons
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 8 oz
- sour cream room temperature
- 6 large
- eggs room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- almond extract
- 1 can(s)
- chocolate frosting ( i used pillsbury)
- 1 can(s)
- cream cheese frsting (i used pillsbury)
EASY CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
How to Make CHOCOLATE FROSTED SOUR CREAM YELLOW CAKE
- 4Prepare cake pan by spraying with Bakers Joy, or grease cake pan with butter and dust lightly with flour, then remove any excess flour, before adding cake batter to pan. I used a 16 cup square Bundt Pan, but your standard 12 cup bundt pan will also work. Pour batter into pan and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let sit for about 10 minutes until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- 5Prepare frosting by combining the 2 cans into a medium size bowl, and stirring until it is completely blended. Then frost cake as desired, and garnish according to your preference. I used fresh raspberries and mini marshmallows. Serve and enjoy.