CHOCOLATE EXPLOSION CAKE (Version 2)
- 1 cup - shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup - chopped nuts of choice
- 1 package - german chocolate cake mix
- 4 lg. - eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. - vanilla extract
- 3 almond joy candy bars, chopped (reg. size)
- 3 - mounds candy bars, chopped (reg. size)
- 1/2 cup - (1 stick butter), softened
- 1/8 cup - milk (more if a thinner consistency is desired)
- 2 tablespoons - cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups - confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup nuts, chopped nuts
**Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
***Spray a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan with nonstick spray. (I use 'Baker's Joy).
2 *Mix the coconut and nuts together in a med. bowl and set aside.
* Mix the above 2 ingredients (coconut & nuts), German chocolate cake mix, eggs, milk & vanilla extract, in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low to med speed for about 2 minutes. Pour badder evenly in prepared pan.
*Sprinkle the chopped candy bars on top and place in the oven for about 45 to 50 minutes. Prepare glaze while cake is baking.
*In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter, milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
*Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat.
*Add the sugar and stir until smooth.
*Stir in the pecans (if desired)
*Pour the warm Chocolate Glaze over the cake.
*Slice and enjoy!