FOR THE CRUST
3 cchocolate sandwich cookies
1 1/2 tspinstant coffee granules or espresso powder
1/2 cbutter (1 stick)
FOR THE FILLING
4 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips, melted
3 Tbspcocoa powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1 csour cream
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake
- Prepare a 10 inch springform pan by spraying lightly with no stick spray. Wrap the bottom of the pan and up the sides with aluminum foil . This prevents water from penetrating the pan while cooking. Preheat oven to 300°
- In the food processor, crush the cookies unto fine crumbs. Add coffee granules and pulse to combine. Slowly pour in butter while processing until combined.
- Place crust into springform pan and press into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides with your fingers. Put pan in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Mix cream cheese and melted chocolate until smooth and free of lumps (about 1-2 mins). It is very important that cream cheese is room temperature, otherwise you will never get rid of all the lumps.
- And sugar and cocoa powder while continuing to mix on medium speed until smooth and fully incorporated. Be careful not to overmix as it adds air and will cause cracks in your cheesecake.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in vanilla and sour cream and blend until smooth. Pour into pan on top of crust and use an offset spatula to smooth the top.
- Remove from oven and remove the springform pan from the water bath. Remove the aluminum foil from the pan and place on a towel . Let cool at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes. Cover pan with plastic and place in refrigerator to cool several hours or overnight.
- Loosen the cheesecake by running a butter knife around the edge of the springform pan. Carefully open and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cut and serve with whipped cream.