Chocolate Cake 1943
Again, I don't know if I ever tasted this one, but my mother took the time to write it in her note book so she must have liked it.
Mom often wrote her recipes in an abbreviated style because she was taking notes as someone else talked. She also tried to write two recipes per page so did not waste space with "understood" directions.
How to Make Chocolate Cake 1943
- 1cream the butter and the sugar
- 2add the egg and beat until combined
- 3add the melted chocolate
- 4alternately add flour and milk, mixing between additions until all has been incorporated
- 5add the nuts and vanilla and stir
- 6Place in square or round cake pan
bake at 350 until done