- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c
- (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 c
- cherry preserves, warmed and strained
- 3 pkg
- (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry-Topped Cheesecake
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press the mixture into the base of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread the preserves over the graham cracker base.
- 2Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egss and almond extract until blended and smooth.
- 3Pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker base. Bake until firm around the edge, but slightly loose in the center, 45-50 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside the oven door slightly ajar for 1 hour.
- 4Remove the cheesecake from the oven and chill until ready to serve. Remove the pan, transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate and spoon the cherry pie filling on top to serve.